Food is one of the most basic human needs, yet many don’t know where their next meal is coming from. They are children, the elderly, the disabled, the unemployed and the struggling workers in our community. We have a heart for our community and seek to provide as much relief within our means. We have therefore established the Harvest of Hope Food distribution program in partnership with the Harvesters Food Network., and other non-profit organizations.
The Harvest of Hope program is a no-cost food distribution program targeted to assist those in need within the Johnson County area. Manna Harvest partners with Harvesters Network, other non–profit organizations, and various business organizations. We provide groceries to families and individuals who find themselves struggling during these difficult economic times.
Distributions take place on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, from at 10:00 am until 1:00 pm. Harvest of Hope currently distributes approximately 975,712 pounds of food throughout the year to the various communities of Johnson County. This program provides an impact to over 1500 individuals per month.
What to expect from the Harvest of Hope Project:
- A friendly and loving group from the community, partnered with businesses, churches, and other non-profit organizations to serve the Johnson County area.
- We provide a assortment of produce, dairy, breads, and grains to assist in the fight against hunger and poverty, with a focus of sustainability for those we serve.
- The distribution of food is managed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Only 3 indivaual families (per car) may be served, unless special arrangements have been made through the Manna Harvest office.
- We require identification, a signature from the head of the household and a count of how many seniors, children or adults within the household.
- We do work with those who may be physically unable to receive the food from our east parking lot. However, it is on a case-by-case basis. This depends heavily upon the resources available to handle the special request, and must meet strict criteria to ensure we are being fair to all other community members who participate in this program.
If your organization is interested in volunteering at Harvest of Hope click here, or just give us a call at (660) 747-5608. We are always in need of committed volunteers to help impact our community. We welcome all groups or individuals to help with either the first or third Saturday of every month.